Taking Diabetes to College Workshop
Location: Naomi Berrie Diabetes Center, 1150 St. Nicholas Ave
Date/Time: Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 4:30pm to 6:00pm
This workshop is essential for patients with T1D who are heading off to college! Find out everything you need to know about how to manage T1D in college. You'll hear from Berrie Center diabetes educators as well as current college students. Come prepared with questions! A program for parents led by a Berrie Center endocrinoligst will occur simultaneously.
Topics will include:
- Staying in control: Good diabetes management.
- Adjusting to dorm life (roommates, cafeteria, health office).
- Diabetes supplies checklist.
- Sick day management away from home.
- Drugs, alcohol & sex safety.
- Q & A with current college students who have diabetes.
Please email Berrie Events at BerrieEvents@cumc.columbia.edu