In order to adhere to nationally recognized diabetes practice standards, the Berrie Center has updated its billing and office procedures.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment so you can go through the lab before you see your doctor.
- Come prepared for your visit by downloading your pump data at home. You can visit the following link, www.nbdiabetes.org/diabetes-technology for instructions on how to download your diabetes management software.
- If your insurance requires a referral for your visit, be sure to bring it along to your appointment.
- Starting January 1, 2018, patients will be charged $50 for each missed follow-up visit that is not canceled with at least 24 hours notice. Also, a $100 fee will be charged for a missed visit for a new patient or for a pump start that is not canceled with at least 24 hours notice.
- The emergency line is for true medical emergencies only. Any questions about blood sugar trends, lab results or other general inquiries should be addressed during the week between 9 am and 5 pm.
- The Berrie Center will be charging for Continuous Glucose Monitoring System (CGMS) device starts as well as follow-up data interpretation. Initial CGMS placement, calibration and training is billed under code 95250 and is covered by nearly all insurance plans.
- Interpretation of CGMS data and advice about insulin dose adjustment is provided both in the office and remotely (or on the phone and/or electronically.) It is billed under code 95251, up to once monthly and is covered by nearly all insurance plans.
- Allow up to 48 hours for review of blood sugar logs and laboratory results. Please email your child’s logs/upload notification to email@example.com. Adults, check with your provider directly.
- Allow up to 72 hours for prescription refills. Call 212-851-5433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Allow two weeks for completion of all forms including school and camp forms.
If you have any questions, please ask your clinician or diabetes educator for explanations. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.