If you are getting error alarms on your pump or it stops working altogether:
- Call your pump company to troubleshoot.
- The phone number for the pump company is on the back of your pump.
- If your pump breaks, take Lantus or Levemir immediately. How do you figure out your lantus/levemir dose? Calculate total daily basal insulin and round up.
- Keep a copy of pump settings so you can set your new pump when it arrives.
- If you need help re-programming your new pump, call the pump company for assistance.
- Remember Lantus/Levemir works for 24 hours so restart the basal rate 24 hours after the last Lantus/Levemir dose was given.